Print this page

About Olympic Companies

Brief History

In 1918, Conroy Brothers was started by Joseph Sr. and George, sons of Joseph and Elizabeth Conroy. Beginning as a plastering company for residential construction, Conroy Brothers was turned over to Joseph Jr. and Gerald Conroy in 1954, and was transformed into a commercial lath and plaster company.

In 1972, Olympic Wall Systems Inc. was formed as a sister company to Conroy Brothers. Olympic began as a metal stud framing and drywall installation company, while Conroy Brothers remained in the commercial plastering, stucco, and eventually the fireproofing business. The two companies functioned under one roof, and eventually became known as Conroy/Olympic.

Olympic underwent its first two expansions in 1989, to Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Des Moines, Iowa, followed by Sioux Falls, South Dakota in 1995.

In January of 1999, Conroy and Olympic merged into one company, Olympic Wall Systems, Inc.

As part of its succession plan, the business of Olympic Wall Systems, Inc. was transferred to Olympic Companies, Inc on January 1, 2010. The "Wall Systems" portion of the name was changed to "Companies" to better reflect the broad range of specialty contracting services Olympic performs.